2.02.2009

The Marsh Trek

The Marsh Trek at the Mystic Aquarium in Mystic, Connecticut is breathtaking during a summer mid-afternoon. The wooden bridge that wraps around the marsh is encompassed by a very serene natural landscape that almost looks golden when the sun shines upon it. The trickling of water and buzzing of aquatic insects brings me out of the aquarium's surroundings and into a whole different world. I can lean on the hand railing of the bridge or sit on one of the larger rocks nearby for hours and soak in the beauty, clearing my mind. The marsh water sparkles in the sunlight, and sometimes you can see little turtles swim in the shallows around the cattails and marsh grass. Although I am occasionally surrounded by other aquarium-goers, the feeling of being alone and free is still there. And when I return to my car, I feel relaxed and my smile, seemingly taken captive by the stresses of life at one time, is back on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment